Originally known as the Stewart Elevator and Saskatchewan Wheat Pool #7B, Viterra B was constructed in 1923 as a mirror image of Canada Malting, previously known as Bawlf elevator. As such, many of Stewart elevator's storage statistics were similar to Bawlfs, such as a storage house that held 250,000 bushels, a working house measuring 94x63 feet, 23 storage tanks, and the ability to maintain 125 receiving cards per day. During its operation, Stewart received several structural additions. These additions were as follows:
1923 - Creation of first annex, directed by C.D. Howe. Capacity of 1,000,000 bushels.
1927 - Addition of second annex, directed by C.D. Howe. Capacity of 1,000,000 bushels.
1960 - Addition of third annex, diected by C.D. Howe. Capacity of 1,200,000 bushels.
1966 - Addition of fourth annex, directed by C.D. Howe. Capacity of 1,000,000 bushels.
1966 - Addition of fifth annex, directed by C.D. Howe. Capacity of 1,000,000 bushels.
Date of Opening:
Carter, Halls, and Aldinger
Initial Railway Service:
48° 24' 52.1892''
89° 13' 41.1816''