CPR Elevator B
CPR B (left) and CPR E (right) loading vessels on the Kaministiquia river. Elevator B has its new construction after burning down, but all its operations are still under one roof.
A photo of the fire at CPR B in 1904 that saw the entire elevator destroyed. The blaze could be seen throughout Fort William. The reconstructed elevator would use no wood to prevent further disasters.
A photo of CPR B and E taken from the land side. Old wooden boxcars populate the rail lines in the CPR yard.
A full view of CPR B and E loading a vessel. CPR B and E operated as a pair. At this time, the elevators were leased by Grain Growers Grain Company.
Another view of CPR B and E loading a vessel.
A closer view of CPR B loading a vessel on the partially frozen Kaministiquia river. CPR E is visible in behind. Photo taken in 1919.
A photo of CPR B's original wooden construction before CPR C and E were built. A row of ships line the Kaministiquia river.
A full view of all of the CPR's South-End elevators. From left to right: CPR B, CPR E, CPR A, and CPR C.
A wide view of the historic Fort William business district with CPR B and E towering at the foot of Victoria Avenue.
Top: A photo of a soldier and his partner walking on the CPR B dock. During the World Wars, soldiers were stationed at Thunder Bay's grain elevators for added security.
Bottom: A modern view of this same dock in the Kaministiquia River Heritage Park.
A fire insurance map of CPR B and CPR A before CPR C and E were built. The map notes a freight shed and annex on the sites of these future elevators. Created by the Goad Insurance Company in 1891.