Arranged to be built in 1916, Richardson Main (pictured bottom right) is one of the few functioning elevators located in the Intercity area. Originally designed to house 2,250,000 bushels, The Eastern Elevator stood the test of time and, along with Richardson International, makes up the current-day Richardson port. After the elevator's initial construction, the capacity was gradually increased until 1974 when the capacity was reported at a whopping 7,7000,000 bushels. In 1965, the owners of Eastern Terminal adopted the name Richardson Terminals Limited, forever changing the elevator's name to Richardson Main.
Today, Richardson Main, located at 181 North Water St., is one of Canada's top handler of durum wheat, oats, and feed peas.
Enthusiasts may also take a tour of the facility, which can be organized through our "Contact Us" page.
Date of Opening:
Eastern Terminal Elevator Company
Initial Railway Service: